Tuesday, August 18

100 Venezuelans dead in US attack: Minister

Venezuela's interior minister ‍Diosdado Cabello said ​late on Wednesday that ⁠100 people died in the U.S. attack which removed President Nicolas Maduro ‌from ‌power on Saturday.Caracas have not previously given ‌a number for those killed, but the army posted a list of 23 names of its dead. ​Venezuelan officials have ​said a large part of ‌Maduro's ‍security contingent was killed "in ‍cold blood," and Cuba has said ‌32 members of its military and intelligence services in Venezuela were killed.Maduro's wife Cilia Flores, detained alongside him, suffered a head injury ‍during the U.S. raid, Cabello said, and Maduro an ‍injury ⁠to his ⁠leg.Venezuela's interim President Delcy Rodriguez, who Cabello praised during his weekly show on state television as "courageous", on Tuesday declared a week of mourning for members of the military killed in the raid.
  • News Source Indiatimes (Click to view full news): CLICK HERE
  • Share:

0 Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Format: 987-654-3210